Partner Institution - Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is a flagship program of the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, which aims to bring about transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging expertise of Knowledge Institutions. It’s mission is to link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of villages, so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
The Nitte (DU) has adopted 5 villages in Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts under the ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan’ namely, Neere, Belma, Sasihithlu, Manjanady and Arkula. Felt needs of the communities in these villages is being assessed to prioritize local development plans. The University offers it’s expertise and resources to help achieve these needs by liasoning with Government and non-governmental agencies.
- 28 houses constructed in Boplapur Village, Rona Taluk, Gadag District for flood affected families
- 75 families in Nitte village provided with financial assistance to construct houses
- Six public wells constructed and maintained in Nitte village
- Construction of building for Nitte Panchayath office and meeting hall
- Construction of a community hall of 800 capacity at the cost of Rs. 1.5 crores at Sri Durga Parameshwari Temple, Nitte